The Second Wind Running Club was formed in 1983 to promote running activities in the Champaign-Urbana area. Membership is open to anyone interested in running, walking, and fitness.
Fall Road Trip Race and Summer/Fall Distance Runs
Fall Road Trip Race: Monumental Marathon in IndianapolisSecond Wind is once again planning a fall road trip for the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon weekend. Monumental falls on Saturday November 1st this year, and offers both full and half marathon options, a 5k, and a kids fun run.More information is available at the Monumental website: http://www.
monumentalmarathon.com/We encourage all Second Wind members to register for one of the events and plan on making the trip to Indianapolis in November. Plans will be made for members to get together both before and after the race. Monumental is a flat and fast course, and Second Wind members have achieved a number of PRs and had a great time with each other the past two years in Indy.Summer/Fall Distance RunsThe club will be sponsoring a series of summer/fall distance training runs targeting Monumental. Distance runs will begin on July 26th. Aid (water and gatorade) will be provided. All distance runs begin promptly at 7am; please plan on arriving a few minutes early to sign in with the run host. The full schedule is provided below:
- Saturday, July 26: 14 miles, Hessel Park – Elm Street Pavilion
- Saturday, August 9: 16 miles, Meadowbrook Park – Windsor Parking Lot
- Saturday, August 23: 18 miles, Lake of the Woods Bike Path – Crowley Road Parking Lot
- Saturday, September 6: 20 miles, Hessel Park – Elm Street Pavilion
- Saturday, September 20: 20 miles, location still TBD
- Saturday, October 4: 20 miles, Hessel Park – Elm Street Pavilion
- Saturday, October 18: 14 miles, Hessel Park – Elm Street Pavilion
- Sunday, October 26: Allerton Park Trail Run
- Saturday, November 1: Indy Monumental Marathon, Half-Marathon, and 5k
Women's Running Group 2014
It's back! Come join the summer Women's Beginning Running Group. It starts in early August targeting the Women's Fitness 5k Sept 27th.
There is now a faster way to renew your membership. AS LONG AS NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE LAST YEAR. (Address, phone number, e-mail, etc) Click on “Services” on the top right hand side of the web site and scroll down to “Additional Contributions” It is bold and capitalized. Click on the link next to it. Fill out the amount, either $20 for an individual or $30 for a family, put in your e-mail address and you will be taken directly to PayPal, our credit card processor. There are no forms to complete nor is there any charge to use the card.