2018 Full and Half Marathon Training Program
Planning to run the Full or Half-Marathon at the Christie Clinic Illinois Marathon in 2018?
Do you need motivation to run through the winter?
Join Second Wind Running Club's half & full marathon training program!
The marathon training program is intended for runners who have some running experience and want to finish their first half or full marathon.
Full Marathon participants: By the first day of the 17-week program, full marathon participants should be able to run 8 miles, with weekly mileage of at least 25 miles per week and have participated in a half marathon. The training levels for the marathon training program includes beginner and intermediate levels.
Half Marathon participants: By the first day of the 17-week program, half marathon participants should be able to run 4 to 6 miles, run at least 2 to 4 times per week, and have participated in a 5K or 10K. There will be both a 3-day per week and 4-day per week training program available.
- 1 year individual membership in Second Wind Running Club
- 17-week marathon or half-marathon training program
- Long-sleeved, gender-specific technical shirt
- Weekly group training runs with pace leaders always occur on Saturdays (except Week 1 when our first run will be on Sunday, January 7). Half Marathon training group always runs from Body n’ Sole, except the last few weeks when we run on the actual half marathon course. In January, February, and March, marathon training runs alternate one week starting from Body n’ Sole and the alternate week at a location in and around Champaign-Urbana. The final three runs will be on the race course.
All half marathon training runs start at 8:00 am. The marathoners also start at 8:00 am for the first few weeks then change to 7:00 am when the runs get longer, around the middle of February.
- Kick-Off event at Body n’ Sole Sports on Thursday, January 4 at 7:00 pm
- Celebration/Wrap-Up Party at Biaggi’s
Questions about the training program? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost of Program:
- $60 Individual ($65 beginning Oct. 1)
- $50 Additional Individuals from household ($55 beginning Oct. 1)**
**If you have more than one person in your household participating, the addtional runners should select $50 option ($55 beginning Oct. 1). Each participant must submit registration form.
Note: Registration closes when the marathon program reaches 50 participants and the half-marathon program reaches 75 participants.
Payment is by credit card only.
|Individual Participant||$ 65.00|
|Additional Household Participant (new!)||$ 55.00|