Sign up for our next circuit race at the Countryside 10K! We encourage you to keep motivating each other to race, run, and have fun together!
Don't forget to sign up for Allerton, the last race in the Monticello Triple Crown!
TUESDAY FUN RUN at 6pm - Meadowbrook park in Urbana, IL - Windsor Street Pavilion
Our fun run coordinators will meet you in front of the park pavilion on Windsor Road at Vine Street for a combination of 1 and 2 mile loops all on sidewalks. We encourage everyone who particpated in the 8-week Spring Beginning Women's Running Group (BWRG RUN) that targeted the Kirby Derby 5K to meet to start meeting with the rest of the club at the park pavilion on Windsor Road at Vine Street in Meadowbrook park of Urbana IL.
Tuesday's post run fun meetup is at 7:30 at Seven Saints in downtown Champaign (32 E Chester St)!
- The room will be available at 7pm for committee topics.
- The Board will meet in the Satterthwaite Conference Room in the basement of the Urbana Free Library (200 W Green St).
- All members are welcome to attend, and may Check out the agendas here.
- More information about the library can be found at https://urbanafreelibrary.
TUESDAY 's post run fun social/meetup is at 7:30 at the Iron Post in downtown Urbana (120 S Race St)!
- Meet in the parking lot on Lincoln Ave and St Mary's Road.
- Speedwork could vary between track and hill workouts.
- For directions, please go to https://arboretum.illinois.
- For general questions, please email our speedwork coordinator at speedwork@
We start/finish at Riggs Beer Company and then run south, turn onto Stone Creek Drive and follow it around to Windsor Road. Run east to High Cross Road and take it back to Riggs. (4 mile route, feel free to do more or less). Afterwards you are welcome to stay for a drink, often there is a food truck. Invite friends and family to run or just to hang out with us afterwards.
Weekend Race Circuit event: N/A - enjoy an amazing race, celebrate a graduation, or go out for a nice long fun run!
- Sign up today for the 8-week program that starts July 23!
- This program targets the Women's Fitness 5K on September 15, 2019 (race registration not included, but a link to our website with more info on the race is at the bottom of this page).
- The program include 30 to 45 minute sessions featuring group runs, training/info packets, guest speakers...
- Sign up today and come join us over the summer to stay fit and make lifelong friends. Follow this link if you want to Be a mentor!
Register TODAY for the Allerton Park Trail Run, featuring both a 5.7 mile Trail Run and 2 mile Nature Walk! You will enjoy a gorgeous Trail Run or Nature Walk in the morning followed a post run potluck style buffet, a fun costume contest with awards for best male/female/group costume, amazing age group awards, and more!
- Club members receive a $3.00 discount on both events (the 2mile walk is not in the Second Wind race circuit)
- Both events are part of the last jewel of the Monticello Triple Crown.
- To qualify for the Monticello Triple Crown, you must participate in any event of ALL three races: Allerton Races in April (Half Marathon/10K/5K), Kirby Derby 10K/5K in May, and Allerton Park Trail Run in October!
INDIANAPOLIS MONUMENTAL MARATHON (Saturday Nov 9):
If you have not yet signed up, please check your email for the discount code! The price increases May 9! This race is a fall destination option for both Second Wind members and registered trainees of the Fall Marathon training program.
- Committee - 2ndWind's RRCA Runner Friendly Community Committee: a 2 month project focused on completeing fun (ok, not as fun as running) tasks to help us cerifiy our twin city community of for Urbana-Champaign as a runner friendly comunities!
- Membership administrator. This role will assist the membership coordinator with tasks such as emailing, member validations, sending reminders.
- Web team master.
- Race timing.
Circuit Race Number (the full list is at this link):
Also join us on our fun runs, and remind your friends and family to renew their membership! Sign up today and participate in the race circuit this year! We thank you for being a member!
Jim Fair III, RRCA Certified Race Director
- President, Second Wind Running Club
- Race Director, Allerton Park Trail Run