We hope everyone had fun at the Fisher Fair 5K this past Saturday. Tonight's (Sunday Jul14) circuit race is Mile at the Pines at 6pm (race day registration is available). Next week's circuit race is Run for the Bagel in Mattoon, IL...while the SJO5K in St Joseph, IL is the last Saturday of this month!
After the Tuesday fun run on July 16, a Saucony rep will be available to let you try on shoes and ask questions. It is also both a full moon and a board meeting night. If you are interested in joining "Parents Run Second Wind" fun runs, please complete this brief 5 question survey. Lastly, register today for both of our club sponsored races, the Women's Fitness 5K and the Allerton Park Trail Run (note there is a price increase on July 31).
SUNDAY: Circuit Race at 6pm - Mile at the Pines in Urbana, IL - (Windsor Street Pavilion
- There are 16 different age groups and 10 different waves to compete in including both a community run/walk and a stroller division!
- Race day registration on July 14 at the Pines Shopping Center in Urbana, IL from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
- There are 16 different age groups and 10 different waves to compete in (ex: stroller division; community run/walk)
TUESDAY FUN RUN at 6pm - Meadowbrook park in Urbana, IL - Windsor Street Pavilion
- Our fun run coordinators will meet you in front of the park pavilion on Windsor Road at Vine Street
- Members run a combination of 1 and 2 mile loops all on sidewalks (run/walk as much or as little as you desire).
- Weather related changes are usually posted by the fun run coordinators on social media (ex: facebook or twitter)
TUESDAY 's post run fun social: meetup is at 7:30 at Crane Alley in Urbana (115 W Main St)
Tuesday's Board/Committee Meetings:
The next board meeting is July 16 at 7:15 pm in the Satterthwaite Conference Room in the basement of the Urbana Free Library (200 W Green St). Our upcoming agendas & prior minutes from Board & Committee meetings can be found at Agendas & Minutes. Feel free to show up at 7pm for an information chat.
- Meet in the parking lot on Lincoln Ave and St Mary's Road: Speedwork could vary between track and hill workouts.
- For directions, please go to https://arboretum.illinois.
- For general questions, please email our speedwork coordinator at speedwork@
- Weather related or other changes are usually posted by the speed work coordinators on social media (ex: facebook/twitter)
We start/finish at Riggs Beer Company and then run south, turn onto Stone Creek Drive and follow it around to Windsor Road. Run east to High Cross Road and take it back to Riggs. (4 mile route, feel free to do more or less). Afterwards you are welcome to stay for a drink, often there is a food truck. Invite friends and family to run or just to hang out with us afterwards.
Saturday Full & Half Marathon Training!
This is a no frills, bare bones series of Saturday long runs you can use for marathon training.
- Updated summer marathon training calendar. This week's run will start from Meadowbrook Park.
- Free for Second Wind members - water to be provided by our volunteer coordinators at sessions not listed as BYOW
- Target your summer/fall distance of choice: Indy Monumental; Chicago Marathon; Abe's Trail Trek; Santa Chase; New York City Marathon; Naperville Marathon; Springfield Marathon; Moonlight Miles Marathon; Ironman Florida.
- Great way to run with other club members on long runs during the summer & fall
- Sign up today for the 8-week program that starts July 23!
- This program targets the Women's Fitness 5K on September 15, 2019
- Race registration not included, but a link to our website with more info on the race is at the bottom of this page.
- The program includes 30 to 45 minute sessions featuring group runs, training/info packets, guest speakers...
- Sign up today Come join us over the summer to stay fit and make lifelong friends. Click this link to Be a mentor!
Register TODAY for the Allerton Park Trail Run, featuring both a gorgeous 5.7 mile Trail Run and a refreshing 2 mile Nature Walk!
- Both events are in the Monticello Triple Crown: more info at https://secondwindrunningclub.org/races/allerton/monticellotriplecrown
- Enjoy a fun costume contest with awards for best male/female/group costume; amazing age group awards; and a post run potluck style buffet featuring Great Harvest treats!
- Club members receive a $3.00 discount on both events (the 2mile walk is not in the Second Wind race circuit)
INDIANAPOLIS MONUMENTAL MARATHON (Saturday Nov 9):
This circuit race is 2 weeks after Allerton as a fall destination marathon option in Indiana's state capitol. If you have not yet signed up, please check the bottom of your email in Member Exclusive Info for the discount code as a fall destination option for both Second Wind members and registered trainees of our Fall Marathon training program.
- Newsletter Team: Editor, copywriter, proofreader.
- Web team (web master, database admin, and more): under review by the Vice President.
- Race timing: Assist the race timing team/coordinator at our race timing events (even just showing to help set up would be helpful!)
Circuit Race Number (the full list is at this link).
This will be included in the Weekly Update emails, but NOT shared on our club web page or social media!
- Check your email for discounts for: Hidden Gem Half Marathon; Indy Monumental Marathon!
- Club member VIP perks at Shoreline Classic for registering as a Second Wind member!
- If the weekly email is truncated, you will see "[Message clipped] View entire message". Click at bottom of email to view entire message that was emailed to see the discounts.
- Not getting our email? Join or renew your membership today. This year's race discounts could have paid for your membership by now!
Let me know of any feedback or suggestions. Also join us on our fun runs, and remind your friends and family to renew their membership! We thank you for being a member!
Jim Fair III, RRCA Certified Race Director
- President, Second Wind Running Club
- Race Director, Allerton Park Trail Run