Second Wind Weekly Events - AUG 19 through AUG 25Submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org on Mon, 02/04/2019 - 00:23
We hope everyone had fun this past week at our annual summer cook out. We thank everyone who sent us a suggestion to help improve the club. If you were not abe to send us a suggestion, but would like to, please click on this link to our google form to give us an idea or two (this will be used towards strategic planning, and will be published in the newsletter). The next circuit race is Sept 2. For other running events, check out the race calendar.
IN Passing - Second Wind's official newsletter is accepting stories for the next issue from you! Our deadline is Sunday August 25! We are asking you to share your race results to RaceResults@SecondWindRunningClub.org, and news articles at newsletter@SecondWindRunningClub.org, and advertisements with Advertising@SecondWindRunningClub.org.
If you are interested in joining "Parents Run Second Wind" fun runs, please complete this brief 5 question survey. Lastly, register today for both of our club sponsored races, the Women's Fitness 5K and the Allerton Park Trail Run.
TUESDAY FUN RUN at 6pm - Meadowbrook park in Urbana, IL - Windsor Street Pavilion
- Our fun run coordinators will meet you in front of the park pavilion on Windsor Road at Vine Street
- Members run a combination of 1 and 2 mile loops all on sidewalks (run as much or as little as you desire).
- Weather related changes are usually posted by the fun run coordinators on social media (ex: facebook or twitter)
Tuesday's Board/Committee Meetings
TUESDAY 's post run, fun social
- Meet in the parking lot on Lincoln Ave and St Mary's Road: Speedwork could vary between hill and UofI track workouts.
- For directions, please go to https://arboretum.illinois.
- For general questions, please email our speedwork coordinator at speedwork@
- Weather related or other changes are usually posted by the speed work coordinators on social media (ex: facebook/twitter)
We start/finish at Riggs Beer Company and then run south, turn onto Stone Creek Drive and follow it around to Windsor Road. Run east to High Cross Road and take it back to Riggs. (4 mile route, feel free to do more or less). Afterwards you are welcome to stay for a drink, often there is a food truck. Invite friends and family to run or just to hang out with us afterwards.
Saturday Full & Half Marathon Training!
This is a no frills, bare bones series of Saturday long runs you can use for marathon training.
- Updated summer marathon training calendar. This week's run will start from Hessel Park Park in Champaign.
- Free for Second Wind members - water to be provided by our volunteer coordinators at sessions not listed as BYOW
- Target your summer/fall distance of choice: Indy Monumental; Chicago Marathon; Abe's Trail Trek; Santa Chase; New York City Marathon; Naperville Marathon; Springfield Marathon; Moonlight Miles Marathon; Ironman Florida.
- Great way to run with other club members on long runs during the summer & fall
Register TODAY for the Allerton Park Trail Run, featuring both a gorgeous 5.7 mile Trail Run and a refreshing 2 mile Nature Walk!
- Both events are in the Monticello Triple Crown: register at https://www.racerpal.com/register/allerton/index.php.
- Enjoy a fun costume contest with awards for best male/female/group costume, amazing age group awards, and a post run potluck style buffet featuring Great Harvest treats! More info at https://secondwindrunningclub.org/races/allerton/monticellotriplecrown
- Club members receive a $3.00 discount on both events (the 2mile walk is not in the Second Wind race circuit)
INDIANAPOLIS MONUMENTAL MARATHON (Saturday Nov 9):
Members can register for the race at https://monumentalmarathon.com. This circuit race is 2 weeks after Allerton as a fall destination marathon option in Indiana's state capitol. If you have not yet signed up, please check the bottom of your email in Member Exclusive Info for the discount code as a fall destination option for both Second Wind members and registered trainees of our Fall Marathon training program.
- Newsletter Team: Editor, copywriter, proofreader.
- Membership Coordinator
- Web team (web master, database admin, and more): under review by the Vice President.
- Race timing: Assist the race timing team/coordinator at our race timing events (even just showing to help set up would be helpful!)
Circuit Race Number (the full list is at this link).
This will be included in the Weekly Update emails, but NOT shared on our club web page or social media!
- Check your email for discounts for: Hidden Gem Half Marathon; Indy Monumental Marathon!
- Club member VIP perks at Shoreline Classic for registering as a Second Wind member!
- If the weekly email is truncated, you will see "[Message clipped] View entire message". Click at bottom of email to view entire message that was emailed to see the discounts.
- Not getting our email? Join or renew your membership today. This year's race discounts could have paid for your membership by now!
Let me know of any feedback or suggestions. Also join us on our fun runs, and remind your friends and family to renew their membership! We thank you for being a member!
Jim Fair III, RRCA Certified Race Director
- President, Second Wind Running Club
- Race Director, Allerton Park Trail Run