Christie Clinic Illinois Marathon Training
Crazy enough to want to run a marathon? Or maybe you’re only half crazy and 13.1 miles sounds like plenty. Second Wind Running Club has a marathon/half marathon training program to help you go the distance!
Runners of all experience levels are welcome.
- Weekly scheduled runs on Saturdays with planned routes
- An in-depth plan that lays out what to do each day of the program
- Mentor-pacers who are experienced runners
- Kickoff event with winter running gear tips
- Nuts and bolts talk the week before race weekend with the Race Directors
- Technical training shirt
- Training program party the week after race weekend
As part of the fee, you also become a Second Wind Running Club member and can attend a second weekly group run on Tuesday nights and club speedwork on Wednesday nights.
To join the half marathon training program, you should be able to run 4 miles; to join the marathon training program, you should be able to run 8 miles. This year’s program offers 16 weeks of training, beginning with a kickoff event on Thursday, January 2, and ending with the Christie Clinic Illinois Marathon race weekend, April 24-25, 2020.
|October 1- November 30||$65 individual; $55 for each additional family member|
|December 1-start of program||$75 per person|
Space is limited to 50 for the full and 75 for the half training program, so don't delay!
Sign up to be a pacer here soon!
Thanks to our 2019 sponsors!