Buffalo Trace Trail Race
5 mile Trail Run
Join us for the Buffalo Trace Trail Race at the Lake of the Woods Forest Preserve on Sunday, March 3 at 1pm and find out if March will come in like a Buffalo!
- The Buffalo Trace Trail Race is a Second Wind Running Club race and is part of the Second Wind Running Club race circuit.
- Course--The Buffalo Trace Trail Race takes you through the 5-mile trail at the Lake of the Woods Forest Preserve. You will run on wooded trails and through the prairie. There is NO pavement (except two bike path crossings of approximately 3 meters each).
Online registration is available through Saturday, March 2. Race day registration will be available. A percentage of the proceeds from the race will be donated to The Friends of Lake of the Woods.
Parking is ONLY available at the Mahomet-Seymour high school. The race start/finish is a short walk north of the high school by the Lake of the Woods Forest Preserve west parking lot off Crowley Road.
Awards will be given to the overall male and female finishers as well as the top three men and women in these age groups: Under 15, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, and 80& over.
Pets and running strollers are not permitted in the race.
- Registration--There is no mail-in registration. Online registration closes Saturday, March 2.
- Race Day Registration & Packet Pickup--Takes place from 11am to 12:30pm on Sunday, March 3.
- Volunteer: A successful race needs more than runners - to volunteer click the volunteer link at the top of the page.
- Packet Pick-Up will ONLY be available on race day.
- Parking: will be available at the Mahomet-Seymour high school, a short walk from the race start.
- Awards: Will be presented to the overall male and female winners, and to the top three male and female finishers in the following age groups: Under 15, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over. No awards will be mailed.
- Sponsors--We would like to thank our sponsors for their support!
- There will be no refunds.
- Pets and running strollers are not permitted in the race.